As part of our effort to give back to the community, we are pleased to present the National Black Marathoners’ Association Scholarship Program. This scholarship will provide a minimum of two awards ($1,000 minimum) for the 2021/2022 academic year. The awards will be given to deserving high school seniors. To be considered for these scholarships, students must complete an application demonstrating that all eligibility requirements are met. NOTE: These scholarships are renewable, based on the student's academic progress.
Who may apply?
Applicants for the 2021/2022 program year must:
- Be a socially and/or economically disadvantaged student finishing her/his senior year of high school.
- Attend a United States high school.
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Be accepted for enrollment in a US college or university.
- Have competed on the high school cross country team, competed in a distance event (1500 meters or greater) on the high school track team, or completed a full, certified 26.2-mile marathon. (Note: Your finishing time is not considered in the selection process and you do not have to compete at the collegiate level.)
What criteria are used in the judging?
Applicants will be judged based on their:
- Past academic achievement in high school.
- Leadership skills or community service.
- Completed application.
When is the application deadline?
The application deadline for the program is April 30, 2021.